When people think of the 4th of July, the first thing that usually pops into their mind is fireworks. Fireworks are beautiful and fun to watch, but if you’re not careful and don’t use them properly, you could end up spending your 4th of July in the ER or hanging out with your local Fire Department! Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when using fireworks…
- Make sure there is always adult supervision.
- Do not throw or point fireworks at another person .
- Be sure to follow the instructions and always read the warnings.
- Do not light multiple fireworks at one time.
- Do not re-light or touch a firework that has not gone off properly.
- Keep young children away from fireworks, especially when they are about to be set off.
- Keep a bucket or source of water nearby to put out any possible fires.
Watching your local professional fireworks show is the safest way to spend your 4th of July, but if you do decide to buy legal fireworks, please make sure you follow the proper safety steps when using them!
***Please note, our office will be closing at 3 p.m. on Friday, July 1st and reopen on Tuesday, July 5th in observance of the Fourth of July holiday. Everyone at New Empire Group would like to wish you a happy and safe holiday!
New Empire Group, LTD. offers coverage for Property Managers, Community Associations and Apartment Building Owners! If you are sponsoring or organizing any events or activities for this 4th of July weekend, double-check your General Liability and Umbrella policy to make sure you don’t end up with any unwanted claims!