Each September, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the US Department of Homeland Security sponsors National Preparedness Month. There are several different organizations that participate and encourage Americans to take action. According to www.CDC.gov, one of the major goals of National Preparedness Month is to educate the public about how to prepare for emergencies, including natural disasters, mass casualties, biological and chemical threats, radiation emergencies, and terrorist attacks.
During the month of September the different categories that will be focused on are….
- Becoming informed – what to do before, during and after an emergency.
- How to make a plan – prepare, plan and stay informed for emergencies.
- How to build a Disaster Preparedness Kit.
- How to get involved – learn how to support your community preparedness.
- Learn how to Protect your Business in the wake of a disaster.
For more information on each of these topics, please visit www.ready.gov.
Check out a few of New Empire Group’s Preparedness Blogs
- Dorm Room Fire Safety
- Are Your Clients Prepared for an ‘Above-Normal’ Hurricane Season?
- Tornadoes happen each year, are your clients prepared?
- How to Utilize Social Media during a Crisis